Employment & Assistantships
Faculty Position Announcement
The Mechanical Engineering Department at the University of Arkansas is seeking outstanding candidates to fill a tenure-track Assistant Professor position starting in August 2018. Areas of interests include traditional and emerging control systems, robotics, and autonomous systems. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated scholarly research and be able to collaborate with faculty members within one or more of the Department’s existing or emerging areas of research strength. The successful candidate will be expected to teach core mechanical engineering classes in support of our undergraduate and graduate programs, establish an externally funded research program, and contribute to the departmental service needs. Additional Information
Where To Apply: Please refer to the University of Arkansas website at http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/22630 for application instructions. Applications received by November 6, 2017 will receive full consideration. Late applications will be reviewed as necessary to fill the position.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The University welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Visiting Scholar Opportunity
The Department of Mechanical Engineering is seeking an outstanding, highly-qualified, active researcher to collaborate and enhance existing research groups. More information available here.
Graduate Assistantship Opportunities
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Arkansas offers highly competitive assistantships for graduate students each year.
- Teaching Assistants (TA)
- A few teaching assistantships are offered each year. TA positions are used to support departmental teaching needs, such as grading and leading drill sections. TA's must meet the minimum GRE scores in all categories in order to be considered for these positions. Decisions regarding TA awards are typically made late in the spring semester.
- Research Assistants (RA)
- Various faculty offer research assistantships based on their needs and research grants. Applicants are highly encouraged to communicate directly with the Mechanical Engineering faculty to see if their are common research interests and if they are willing to offer an RA position. Please refer to our Research page for information on current areas of interest.
- Alternatively, once a student's application is complete, the application and statement of interest is forwarded to the faculty for review and consideration.
Current Research Assistantship Needs
- System Integration and Design Informatics Laboratory
- M.S. & Ph.D. candidates with engineering design and systems design background are welcome to apply. M.S. students with probability theory, statistics and/or data analysis background, are preferred.
- Please visit SiDi Lab for more information or contact Dr. Zhenghui Sha. Please include a CV and a copy of your transcripts when sending emails.